Caterpillar becomes a butterfly – the evolution of life HFRC 2015 “family of origin” Growth group
Why you are you? Review your family of origin (born and raised in the family), family traditions, habits, parental personality, parenting methods, your role in the family, and family interaction, etc., are subtle in your body and have a profound impact on your future relationships. From the original family of the study, we will find that it has a positive, but also a negative impact; we handed down the positive ones; and to change the negative ones.
The following is a self-reflection after classes:
• Mother is the head of our family, she controls everything. I followed her footsteps and became like her. I don’t respect my husband, therefore, our relationship is bad. From now on, I want to change myself and hoping to save the marriage.
• I have two older sisters and my brother came after me. Because my parents love him so much, I was neglected and lack of security. I tried to control my husband by always ask but not giving him love.
• Mother is a perfectionist, I have the same personality like her, have very high expectations on people around me. Therefore, there is always tension in my family. In order to have a happy family, I decided to change.
• Pain from my Family of Origin was my hidden secret. After group sharing and learning, I can face the past bravely and came out of the darkness and to be grateful to people who have helped me. Now, I am a joyful and also become a blessing to others.
• I am a daughter of parents who always provide everything for me. Therefore, I was lack of independent thinking and have made many wrong decisions. • Divorce is a great pain of my life. Realized that parents’ divorce affect me deeply. It doesn’t help to blame them. I can change myself, so my children do not repeat it.
• I have the personalities from my parents – hospitality, don’t care about money and too proud of ourselves.
• Parents had high expectations of me, they got mad at my poor grades. I found that I did the same things to my childs.
• My husband grew up in a family that his father has affair, so, he does not know how to love his children. After attended the growth group, he is willing to make up with his father also learn how to love his children.
• In my childhood, my parents often quarrel, so I was scared. I do not know how to communicate with my husband, always try to escape. Today, I have learned what to do and apply it in my daily lives. A caterpillar must molt several times and finally broke out to become a beautiful butterfly. Someone said: “? How can it turn into a butterfly will fly you must desire a point where willing to give up a caterpillar.” Change is not an easy thing, but it’s for the benefits of us, our families, as well as the next generation. We must bravely take the first step, to participate in the growth group of HFRC. It’s never too late to change. Let us encourage each other and grow together!